Friday, October 18, 2013

Flash from the Past... {Fall Family Photos}

This next post is a special one... this family goes further back then even my last post. Her family was like our extended family... actually I used to think she was my cousin, because I grew up calling her mom "Aunty". My mom was (and still is) friends with her mom, and I think her grandma was friends with my grandma.... it's no wonder they were like family!

Not only is this post special because she's like family, but I also owe "my cousin" a whole lot of hugs and thanks. 18 days ago I posted this status on my personal FB page "Itching to do some fall portraits..."  a few moments later she sort of suggested I could do photos for her family... and well that began my spontaneous "Fall Family Mini Photo Shoot sessions", and OH BOY am I glad it did!! After her request, a few others FB friends followed suit... so I thought "What the heck"... I went out and bought some hay bales, and gourds (for the kids), went on a few 2-3 hour hunts for the perfect location, and BAM!! there we had it, 5 AMAZING families, a few hours of clicking, and one of THE most wonderful days I have had in a quite awhile.

So, "cuz", you may not have known this, but you will now- You kicked me in the pants when I didn't even know I needed kicking... (MUST be a cousin!!). I learned a lot about myself through the past couple of weeks (and that day photographing), and more importantly confirmed what I already knew~ I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE photographing families, and (with out tooting my own horn) finally feel, that I am {sort of} getting really good at it!! <3

So a BIG shout out to the wonderful families I photographed that day, and a great big thanks to everyone that I have photographed in the past, and to all who have encouraged, supported, and believed I could, even when I didn't think I could... FINALLY I feel I am on my way and can truly see a clear direction!


But back to my long lost cousin (she was never really lost), here she is with her beautiful family. One of the things that really stood out with this family for me, is how relaxed and laid back they are as parents. None of that "oh no don't get dirty" or "don't put that in your mouth" or "oh no he fell down while running, what should we do" sort of stuff... they were both just so calm, cool and collected... Actually I think I even  felt more relaxed after hanging out with them!! It was a pleasure seeing you again, and meeting your beautiful family, and hope to see more of you all!!



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me on Facebook!